Friday, July 22, 2011

God is Bigger Than July

This month has been hard.  I am beginning to feel weak and unable.  I guess that's the truth though, isn't it?  I am weak and unable, and that's what's so great about Christ, He's my strength, He's is able.

...multiple deaths, some of which may very well have the result of eternal suffering

...fear

...feelings of not being understood

...feelings of being taken advantage of

...people stealing, more than once

...break ins

...the world.  This troublesome world that has me struggling to survive.

Ahh but His promises, John 16:33, "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world."

My God is bigger, He is bigger than July, He is bigger than this world.  I begged Him to restore this month, to make it new, but then He spoke softly, "I'm much bigger."

He didn't come to restore July or my life alone.  He came to restore once and for all each one of His children, not for July, but for eternity.

This past month I have been broken again and again and I praise my God that He is the One breaking me and He isn't doing it to hurt me but to grow me and to prepare me so I will one day be more ready than I am now for the work He has set before me since before the foundation of the universe.  And not only is He breaking me, but He's picking up my pieces and making me into His beautiful creation and by His grace, I am beginning to see that creation, and I am loving that creation.
 

















Hakuna Matata

1 comment:

  1. Very powerful post. It has spoken depths to me because July has been a very hard and exhausting month in my life as well. I thank Him that He IS bigger than July and that His steadfast love endures forever. Amen. Praying that He would powerfully uphold you through the torrential waters and bring you out to a place of abundance.

    ReplyDelete