Wednesday, July 14, 2010

FAQ

What organization are you working with?
Freedom Firm (FF).  FF is an non-government organization that seeks to eliminate child prostitution in India by rescuing minor girls, providing effective rehabilitation, and prosecuting the perpetrators of sex trafficking.

How did you get connected with Freedom Firm?
I first heard a little bit about them at the Urbana mission conference December, 2009.  In March I spoke with a family friend (Adam White), telling him I was interested in India and working to fight sex trafficking.  He then connected me with missionaries he knew working with Freedom Firm.

Is the the same organization you went to Kenya with?
No.  I went to Kenya with Adventures in Missions (AIM).

Why is money being sent to Engedi Church instead of FF?
FF, unlike AIM is not a sending organization.  AIM's mission is to send high school/college age people overseas for a few weeks to a year at a time.  The money is sent to them and they take care of all team expenses (i.e. airfare, travel within country, food, lodging, etc.).  FF is not a sending organization and I am only a volunteer.  I will be paying for my airfare, travel within country, food, lodging, etc. out of pocket (provided by supporters).

How are you connected with Engedi Church?
Engedi is the church I attended while living in Holland with my sister.

How long will you be gone?
I will be leaving September 5, 2010 and returning March 3, 2011 (six months).

Where will you be staying/living?
I will be living in a guest house that FF places their volunteers at.

Will you be traveling with a group or by yourself?
I will be traveling by myself.  When I arrive in Ooty there may be a couple other volunteers there.

What will your job be?
My job is to be friends with the girls in the aftercare program, model Jesus, love them, and help them with their bead making business.

Are you scared to travel by yourself?
No not really.  I am actually quite excited about it.  I love flying and it will be a fun new adventure to travel half way across the world with just me and God. =)

Are you scared in general?
It depends on when you ask me.  For the most part, no.  Although sometimes I let my mind wander and freak myself out or start missing people.  It's cool though because whenever I feel that way I remember all the confirmation I have received from God and it's there I rest in Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - thanks for the comment on my blog.

    It sounds like you are about to embark on quite an adventure! I look forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete