Friday, July 16, 2010

How Did This Happen?

Somehow it happened.  I don't know how, but I definitely did not plan for this.  Somehow I missed it and will now be staying the night in an Indian airport. 

What the junk?!

How does someone miss that?  Maybe the fact that I had been looking at 12,000 different flights to Bangalore for the first week of September had something to do with my overlooking layover times for the flight I actually purchased.  Either way, I have come to the conclusion that I really can't do anything about it, so worrying is pointless (isn't it anyways?...not to mention a sin). 

Freaking out to my brother about it a little was the beginning of my calm, "it is what it is" attitude I now have.  He reminded me that Indians are smart and have to have a technologically advanced (or right on) airport. =)  Go Indians!  Then I remembered the airport in Nairobi and how I would feel totally safe and worry free staying the night there.  If Kenya's airport was stable enough for my liking India's for sure must be suitable.  I also realized that the airport I will be staying is the largest one in South Asia and in the capital city of India.  My thoughts and fears of a scary, small, leaky, unstable, dark airport left after I found out that information...really a little dramatic in the first place. 

Honestly though, the thing that most calmed my thought and slight fears was the fact that I will not be staying the night in that airport by myself, but my Father will be there with me.  He has planned this whole thing and I know He has not planned it only to leave me alone, scared in an airport.

How cool is it that He led me to this whole India thing, being with me every step.  He was there with me last night as I cooled down from freakin' out about staying overnight in the airport.  And He will be with me that night in September as I do stay the night in the Indian airport.

I thank Him and seriously do not know how people can live without Him.  He is my strength, my bravery, comfort, and so much more. 

"...And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

No comments:

Post a Comment