Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ring, Ring, Ring...


"Hello?"

"Hi Sarah."

"Hi, Dad! How are you?"

"I am great, but a little saddened at the same time. That's why I'm calling."

"Well, what's up? Tell me."

"Remember on June 24, 2006, when you claimed your life not as your own, but as Mine?"

"Oh yes, when I decided to give my all to You. I remember."

"Yup, that would be it. Anyways, this isn't a special call I am making just to you, I am actually calling all of your brothers and sisters as well, sort of as a reminder. You say you remember, but you keep living that ordinary life, and to be honest, that kind of hurts me. Why do you say one thing, say you are giving up this world, this life, but still go on as nothing has changed at all? Or maybe you listen to more Christian music, tithe every once and a while, but really, what are you doing for Me that is sacrificial? I love you, and your siblings as well. I want the best for you, I want to see you truly LIVING life, but to do that you must die. You must die to self everyday. Not living for yourself, but for Me, to serve Me and My people. Think of your older sisters, Gladys Aylwards, Amy Carmichael, Jackie Pullengers, Sabina Wurmbrand, Elisabeth Elliot, & don't forget your brothers, Hudson Taylor, Richard Wurmbrand, Jim Elliot...they did great things for me, not holding back. And with doing so, do you think they hated life, had a terrible one, not ever pleased or satisfied? Not at all! They were the few who truly LIVED. They were the few who found their life by dying to self. I just wish that you would take your promise made to Me as seriously as your brothers and sisters did."

"Uhh...wow. I, I'm really sorry. I...I don't even know what to say..."

"Don't say anything. Act. Go. Do. LIVE. And remember, this isn't a special call I am giving to just you...it is a call I am giving to all my children. It is a call for those who will hopefully, one day, recognize and obey the sacred call that I have placed upon those who claim to know Me.

And if for you, it's not today that you will die for Me, as once I have died for you, then I'll call again tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that. You can count on it.

I love you, Sarah.

Goodbye."

"Bye, Dad."

No comments:

Post a Comment