Friday, January 29, 2010

"Howa you?"


Yes, "Howa you?"
That is how the kids at our school in Kenya said, "How are you?"
So cute.
We of course had a lesson on how to say it correctly,
but it was cute for the time they said it wrong.
=)


They also would say, "owa," for "our."
"This is owa school,"
they would say. =)


Most of them also think the word,
"years," is "ears."
So they say,
"I am 8 ears old."
or
"How many ears do you have?"
Once time my friend, Angie, answered 2.
=)
That was a funny conversation.


Megan was the other teacher in the classroom
& she had a birthday while we were there.
One day while she was gone I had them write her birthday cards.
I showed them how to sign it,
"Love, 'Kevin,'"
or
"Love, 'Esther.'"
But instead they wrote,
"I love Kevin,'"
or
"I love Esther.'"
Adorable.



The boys are John, Stanly, & Joel.
(They clearly were fans of stickers)
Oh how I love & miss those faces!


Hukuna Matata

1 comment:

  1. Sarah-

    Come back to Kenya again. How did you find our blog?

    Dr. Friess

    ReplyDelete