Sunday, May 16, 2010

The First Letter

Dear Friend,

Have you lost interest in me?
Am I not fun anymore?
Have you moved on to better things?
Was it something I said?

These questions often run through my mind.

As I write, remember this...you are my friend, one that is dearly loved, and one who will be loved until the end. But do you realize the pain my heart goes through? Do you think about how many tears I have lost? Do you know the hope I give myself every time you make a promise, and the weight in my chest every time you don't come through? I apologize for the anger I sometimes have, though you wouldn't know, you're never around to see it.

I know you love me, at least these are your words I hear. Don't think I don't believe you, I do, I just can feel it more times than others. It's almost like a high, when we're together you're so into me, and it's almost hard to believe you have broken my heart so many times and will do so again so soon...but it happens. We separate, you find interest in other things, they take up your time, and before you know it the day is gone with not a single word spoken in my direction.

Don't get me wrong now, I know you have things going on in your life. You have school, work, other friends, important things that need attention. I totally understand that. I am not asking for you to not study, stay up so late talking with me that you miss work the next day, or disregard your other friends. I just ask that you think of me, or at least, at the very least, keep your word.

I am not saying I have never let you down in the past, or that I will never do so again, because I am human and I too fall short. I have hurt you in ways that I wish I could take back, and for the fact that I cannot, I grieve. To think that I have given pain to someone I love so dearly, it makes me sad, it makes me cry, it makes not like myself. I apologize now for those times & I pray that never again would you feel that pain, or the pain I have been given tonight.

My heart misses yours, and I am once again hopeful that they will meet soon. Until then, you are on my mind...

With love that never ends,
Your Dearest Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment