Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Second Letter

Dear Sarah,

Have you lost interest in me?
Am I not fun anymore?
Have you moved on to better things?
Was it something I said?

These questions often run through my mind.

As I write, remember this...you are my daughter, one that is dearly loved, and one who will be loved until the end. But do you realize the pain my heart goes through? Do you think about how many tears I have lost? Do you know the hope I give myself every time you make a promise, and the weight in my chest every time you don't come through? I apologize for the anger I sometimes have, though you wouldn't know, you're never around to see it.

I know you love me, at least these are your words I hear. Don't think I don't believe you, I do, I just can feel it more times than others. It's almost like a high, when we're together you're so into me, and it's almost hard to believe you have broken my heart so many times and will do so again so soon...but it happens. We separate, you find interest in other things, they take up your time, and before you know it the day is gone with not a single word spoken in my direction. Don't get me wrong now, I know you have things going on in your life. You have school, work, other friends, important things that need attention. I totally understand that. I am not asking for you to not study, stay up so late talking with me that you miss work the next day, or disregard your other friends. I just ask that you think of me, or at least, at the very least, keep your word.

Now you know I have never let you down in the past, and I never will do so in the future, even though sometimes it may seem like it because you are human and my ways are sometimes too great for your mind to wrap around. Yet still you hurt me in ways we both wish never were, and that grieves me. I know it hurts you too, but still, do you know I am right beside you, crying along with you, wait for you to call my name so we can cry together? To think that someone I love so dearly would give me pain makes me sad, it makes me cry, but it does not make me love you any less. I am waiting here and when you apologize for those times I will be overjoyed to forgive you and take you back.

My heart misses yours, and I am once again hopeful that they will meet soon. Until then, you are on my mind...

With love that never ends,
Your Heavenly Father

No comments:

Post a Comment