Sunday, May 23, 2010

Where In the World Am I Going?

Yes it is true!
This fall I am heading out once again, only this time I am going a bit farther...about 10 hours more by plane, to INDIA!!

I will be leaving sometime in the beginning of September, staying for six months, and working with the organization, Freedom Firm (FF).


FF seeks to eliminate child prostitution in India by rescuing minor girls, providing effective rehabilitation, and prosecuting the perpetrators of sex trafficking.

While in India my job will be to be friends with the girls in the aftercare program, love them, model Jesus, and help them with their bead making business.

I am extremely excited and extremely nervous, and even though I have feelings of, "What the heck am I doing?", I am confident in Jesus' guidance. I have been trusting and waiting, and this is where God has lead me. No insecurities or fears are going to stop me from doing what my Lord has so clearly called me to do. I have never realized how important confirmation from God could be until now. Until my flesh and human mind have tried to tell me this is too extreme, too different, too unpleasing to my parents. I thank my Father in Heaven for overcoming my flesh and mind, for overcoming this world and the things that are in it.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

I thank you for your love for me, oh Lord. I love you and will try with my heart, soul, mind, and strength to do so more each day.
Hakuna Matata

3 comments:

  1. In one of my classes at SAU, Core 200, we focused on social injustices, one of which being child prostitution, and the after care for those girls, is so important! From what I've read, it will be tough, but you have enough heart to love those girls no matter what, even if they want to go "home" (back to the brothels).
    This is really exciting Sarah : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I love India! I love that you are going to India! I am so proud of you for waiting on the Lord for this decision and I know He is going to bless you over and over because of it. I thank God for what He is doing in your life. I know He is going to work through you like crazy while you are there. Have been and will be praying for you. I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this and cried. God is so good, and this is so amazing!!
    What a beautiful heart you have. I will put you on my prayer list, God is going to work hugely through you.

    ReplyDelete