Monday, September 6, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed!

Indeed I have!! I am sitting in a Hotel in New Delhi right now.  Hotel Impress actually.  And let me tell you, I am impressed!

Travel so far has been great.  I went from Detroit to Chicago on a baby plane.  Then from there it was a straight shot to New Delhi.  When I arrived and I gathered my luggage I was trying to figure out where to go.  After talking to a few different people I finally understood that I needed to take a bus or a taxi to the airport I will be flying out of to get to Bangalore.  After getting a ticket for a taxi, finding one and getting my luggage and myself inside, I was told by the drivers they could not take me to the airport.  After some time of me telling them I did not want a guest house but I just wanted to go to the airport now, I realized what they were trying to tell me.  They won't let anyone enter the airport until 3 hours before their flight.  I had about 7ish hours to kill so my driver (Kumar) took me to this hotel I am blogging from. =)  It is actually really nice, which I thought my mom would like! 

It is 12:43 am right now and my driver should be here around 2:00 am to take me to the airport.  I am nine hours ahead so at home (at least in MI) it's a little after 3:00 pm. 

My emotions have definitely gone back and forth.  And I have to remember that they are exactly that, "emotions!"  Anyway, at times I will be like, "Wow, thank you God.  The peace you are giving me is amazing and I can't even understand how it is happening."  And then every once in a while that changes to (with some tears), "What the heck am I doing?"  But it was good because every time I asked myself that I was like, "Oh yeah, I'm obeying God."  Gotta love His confirmation! =)


I just got a picture with the man who works here at the hotel.  He is very kind as well.  Enjoy and I hope to update you soon (also hoping I will have some more pictures for you)!

5 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!
    I'm so glad you are at peace and you are obeying God.. that is amazing.
    I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dah! i am praying for you Sarah! i cannot wait to read your posts all about Freedom Firm and India. have a blast and may the Lord bless your time in India more than you could ever have imagined!
    heatherjean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, So good to see your smiling face and to read about your adventure and your emotions and how you remember it is God who sent you. Love you honey ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journey started way before you left America and I'm happy God has prepared you for what you know you're to do. May He keep you going day by day and i hope you have some Jesus fun when you're at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luther...you are so right about my journey starting before I left America. =) I am looking forward to some Jesus fun! I have definitely been feeling some Jesus love!! Love in Christ to you dear friend!

    Mama...I knew you would enjoy seeing my face! I love you too Mom! Thanks for being strong! =)

    Heather...I knew you would be excited..you already loving India and FF so much! Thank you for the prayers! It means so much!
    ps I will be replying to your email soon fyi =)

    Amber...Thank you so much!! Feel free to visit anytime =) I for some reason have a feeling you would think this guest house is just as cute as I think it is!

    ReplyDelete