Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Look At The Time...

A year ago today I left for Kenya.  Today I am writing from India

I love that.  I love that God has plans and dreams for my life that I NEVER would have thought up on my own.  He is so far above me.  It's great!

Is this my first blog from my guest house?..yes, I think it is!  Well then let me just tell you how much I love it.  It is wonderful.  It's super cute, I wish you all could see it for yourselves...or maybe you could (hint hint, come do missions in India!).  I love everything here.  The weather is so nice and chilly; I heart wearing sweaters.  The other volunteers, wow, they are a blessing from God.  The owners of the guest house are super adorable too...them and their five children, oh my goodness, I am so delighting in God right now.  This day could definitely be consider "Thanksgiving Day" for me because that is the only prayer I have spoken to God so far.  I have thanked Him for anything and everything I see or think of.  I cannot help it, I am sooo grateful. 

Today I met 4 of the 5 girls in the aftercare program at the staff lunch.  They are great and I thoroughly enjoyed my time.  I totally forgot that I should be expecting spicy food.  haha, whoops!  No worries though, I remembered soon enough. =)

Right now I am resting and snacking on Pure Magic.  It's pretty much an oreo cookie...only spicy.  Okay, okay, just kidding.  That would be weird, it's not spicy at all.  It just more like the off brand of an oreo cookie.  Not bad at all.

There is not much more to say at this point except for I am blessed, loved, and tremendously joyful in Him.

Love from India,
Hakuna Matata

(can I do that?..."India" and "Hakuna Matata" at the same time?...)

4 comments:

  1. yay! you made it! it is good to hear that you are settling in. i can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile so much! I'm so happy you made it and I'm thankful you're comfortable and joyful. I'll be praying continuously for everything there! I love you and can't wait to hear more!

    In Him always~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure Magic? Interesting name :)

    Love your little updates! You should give us a tour via a video or photos!

    Maybe I will catch you on skype tomorrow or friday! my mac should be here tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has such awesome timing!
    ...and Yes...yes you can!
    =)

    ReplyDelete