Thursday, October 7, 2010

"I Speak Two Languages - American & English"

I have been feeling sick lately.  Not because of the water, or the food I am not use to.  Not because of the different climate or anything else that is typical.  I feel this way because Christianna left for America today.
Christianna was one of the other volunteers with Freedom Firm.  She was here since May and I praise God that I got to spend (exactly) one month with her!  She had planned on leaving before I arrived in India but God had other plans and I am so glad He did.

Before I came to India I had heard a lot of great things about this girl.  In my mind I was sort of like, "Sheesh what's so wonderful about her that everybody I talk to with Freedom Firm raves about her?"  After the first time we met I figured it out.  She is AMAZING.  She is the kindest person ever, so personable and willing to do anything to help out.  She isn't shy which equals a great, "Welcome to India" person.  But more than that she become one of my best friends.  I love how friendship seems to come so much more easily when God is the base.  I learned a lot from her and ask God to be more like her.

I love you Christianna and I am praying for you right now as you are traveling home.  Can't wait to see you in Chicago!


Hakuna Matata

3 comments:

  1. Awww you are both beautiful! And you are right. When God is the center of the friendship, then things seem meant to be. =)

    ReplyDelete