Friday, October 8, 2010

Write On

Thursday morning was a sad one.  That was the morning Christianna left.  As we were standing outside at 6 am saying our goodbyes, I was handed an envelope.  After Christianna left and we all went inside I looked at the envelope to find that my dear friend, Kristen had sent me a letter!  This is the first letter I have received since being here.  How perfectly does God work?  I was super down because one friend had just left, and then my spirits were lifted because a friend a half a world away sent me a letter ten days before.  It was great to hear from her.  It reminds me how much God has blessed me and continues to bless me.  In the letter she also put a picture of us from a mission trip to Mexico in 2008.
 Below the picture you can see a dried flower.  She also put that in there because I had mentioned before how I will miss the colors changing.  With that she reminded me that, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

She also brought up 2 Timothy 1:3-7.  Dang girl, God is using you to impact my life big...even through a letter.  2 Timothy 1:7 was sort of a theme verse before I left and so many people shared it with me before I left.  I had forgotten about the "spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline" God has given me and I thank Him for using Kristen to remind me.
This was two nights before I left at my going away bon-fire. =)

I love you so much Kristen!  Thank you for your encouragement and your beautiful friendship.  You delight my life and I thank Jesus for blessing me with you.

Love, Sarah

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post!
    Thanks so much for you sweet comment and the quote you left me the other day! It was what I needed to hear!!
    Thanks for sharing with me Sarah!

    ReplyDelete