Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Are You Ready?

"Living a life of faith means never knowing where you are being led, but loving and knowing the One who is leading."

This was a quote from March 19th from the devotion, My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers.

It is so relevant to me right now because I really have no idea where even my next step is. I am really trying to not worry about it and to put my all into where God has me now because if I only ever worry about what's next, when it comes, I won't enjoy it or get all that I could from it due to the fact that I am too busy focusing on the next thing.

ANYWAYS, God has really just been telling me that it is when I am close to Him that I will find where He wants me next. Even then, it may not be a walk in the park, but it will not be full of unnecessary stressing and worrying, not if I am truly and fully trusting in Him and focusing on Him.

This is almost like a post I am writing to myself to remind me to STOP trying to plan it all out, STOP trying to make it all work, STOP all of your pointless worrying and uneasiness. For it is when we draw near to Him, that He will draw near to us (James 4:8). To me those words make it seem so simple. Shouldn't it be simple? Draw near to Him and He will do the same...yeah, that shouldn't be too hard right? Well why don't you give it a shot?...try it out. I mean really try it out. Not just, "Hey God, be near to me. Amen." But with your whole heart, call to Him (Jeremiah 33:3), tell Him what you are feeling and going through, tell Him what's up. Get to know Him, really finding out who this God is, and I can't imagine you not coming to love Him.

And like the quote read in the beginning, this will strike up faith, because faith is rooted in the knowledge of a person.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that I am taking my own advice! =)
I am ready for Him to be near.
Are you?



Hakuna Matata

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, this was something that I needed to hear. Thanks for sharing. : )

    ReplyDelete