Saturday, March 13, 2010

Here's the Plan...

...Starting with Afghanistan.

I was once told to learn something about everywhere, and everything about somewhere.

I believe this is a very good idea and can help with the beginning of new friendships.
I have not decided on the country I want to learn everything about yet...but that will come. In the mean time, I am starting to learn something about everywhere.


To make it organized I am doing it in alphabetical order, and the first country goes to...


AFGHANISTAN!!!

Whoot! Whoot!

Here is what I know:
Country: Afghanistan

Capitol: Kabul (pronounced, "cobble")
Something Interesting: Buzkashi is Afghanistan's national sport. In English it simply translates to "goat grabbing."


So now I am prepared. The next time I meet someone from Afghanistan I will have something to talk about (or ask them about because buzkashi is something I don't get all the way). =) At least to begin.
You can learn along with me if you so desire. I will be posting the different countries and the info. about them, or you can do it on your own. I hope you will take the challenge and be as excited as I am!





Hakuna Matata

No comments:

Post a Comment