Thursday, August 26, 2010

Piranda Naal Vaazhthukkal

Translation...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Last week I had a birthday!  Yep, I am now old and all I do anymore is sit on my front porch in a rocking chair with my snuggie and yell at the hoodlum neighbor kids who don't do anything but cause havoc all day long.  

Okay.  Maybe I'm not quite that old (yet), but I have to admit, I am already not a fan of this whole aging thing and I am only 20.  I think I may have some difficulties as time moves on if this is my attitude now!  

Nevertheless, I did have a really wonderful birthday.  Waaaay better than last year when I spent almost the entire day by myself.  I guess that's what happens with other people work and go to school huh?  Bringing the focus back, this year's bday was great.  Let me take you on a bday tour...


First off, I got to sleep in a bit (ha, like I don't do that everyday).  Then after getting ready my mommy took me out for a lovely birthday lunch at Panera Bread.  My heart was happy (and it only get's better).  I had a HUGE caeser salad with broccoli cheddar soup and of course some bread.  Wow, my mouth is watering already!  This is making my tummy sad that all this food goodness happened a week ago, and not right now.


Moving on, we next went to the Christan book store and I got the book Radical by David Platt.  I have not yet read it but am super excited.  I've listened to his radical series online and love love LOVED it!  You really should check er out...if you want to be challenged to give your life to God and the hurting and broken and with it forgetting self and following Christ.  Just talking about it I want to listen again.  Maybe I will =)

After that we headed over to Barns & Noble where I picked up Shane Claiborne's book, The Irresistible Revolution, along with a couple killer journals (I'm a journal snob, fyi)


If you can believe it, it does not stop there!  That's right, next you know I'm drinking a hot white mocha from Starbucks.  I felt like I was on death row and got to choose my last meal.  It was great!  

We arrived home and got ready for the rest of my family and bff Katie to come over to enjoy (drum roll please)...AMERICAN CHINESE FOOD!  Man, is this making me want something to munch or what?  I really should stop, but I can't because I have not even gotten to desert yet.


Okay, are you ready for this?  Are you sure?  Peanut Butter Pie.  It's kind of a combination of peanut butter with a little bit of pie. =)  Actually, no.  This is not something I should even joke about it is that wonderful. 

What you do is lay-kle (it's a combination of "layer" and "sprinkle") a mixture of peanut butter and powdered sugar on the bottom of a pie crust.  Then pour vanilla pudding over that.  Next add whip cream, and sprinkle the top with more of the peanut butter and powdered sugar mixture.  If you want the recipe just let me know and I will be HAPPY to send it your way =) (that would also mean you made it to the end of this very long post, woo-hoo)!


Oh yes, Katie and I also gave each other henna tattoos too!  I wish they were real. =)  Who knows, maybe someday!


Hakuna Matata 

p.s. "Piranda Naal Vaazhthukkal" means happy bday in Tamil, the language spoken in Ooty, India
=)

5 comments:

  1. Feliz cumpleaños!! :)

    Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday - although I am starving now. haha

    Enjoy being 20!

    PS - I like your new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It sounds like you had THE BEST BIRTHDAY ever! :]
    I don't like aging either.. and I have a few years on you. hmph.
    You are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) Thank you girlies!

    haha, sorry about that Caeb! Maybe you could enjoy some nice liver to subside your hunger ;)
    And thank you again!



    Thank you Amber! I 100% agree that it was the best birthday ever! =) You're makin' me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha - I will pass :)

    Liver and Panera just don't quite match up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great (and delicious) birthday.
    And I would like to let you know that we share a love of journals :)

    ReplyDelete