Sunday, November 7, 2010

Days 6&7

Day six:  I am thankful for a hot shower...did I already say that?  Well I am reeeeally thankful for one of those!  Okay okay, I'll choose something else.  I am thankful for the new volunteers that came in yesterday from North Carolina.  I wish I had a pic. of them to post, but really all you have to do is close your eyes and picture 6 beautiful daughter's of the Lord.  Got it?!  YAY!  They really are so great.  They are here for a week helping with the aftercare part of Freedom Firm called, Ruhama.  I am super excited because unlike me, they are actually good at making jewelry.  I would say I'm a rather artsy person, but not when it comes to jewelry making.  Almost all of my designs I have come up with have been rejected...oh well, I tried, that counts for something right?  Anyways, I have been blessed with being the person to show them around Ooty and all that jazz.  It's been great, I've been getting some really good food and coffee and shopping out of this weekend thanks to them =)  Not to mention super fellowship and new friendships.  They really have a lot to offer and I truly thank God for sending them.  Organization skills, jewelry making, card making, teaching skills, among many other small but important details they have brought to share.  Phew, I got a feelin', woo-hoo, that this week's gonna be a good week!

Day 7:  I think what I am thankful for right now kind of goes along with the team coming...a little.  Since being here in Ooty I have been going to bed pretty early...like some nights 7:30, but usually around 10.  Lately though sleep is one thing that has been lacking as I have been picking up some extra responsibilities.  It's great and I am feeling useful and I would rather be doing more than less, but dang am I TIRED!!!  So my day number 7 thankful 30 is simply the fact that sleep/rest is not my main source of energy, refueling, and refilling, but Jesus Christ is.  Of course I need sleep and all and I don't think I should be foolish about it by staying up lolly-gaggin' (is that how you'd spell it?) around, but if I am serving Him and tired because I have poured out my energy in service and in time spent with Him, He is going to be my source of energy, refueling, and refilling, and for that I am so very thankful!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah D. It is soo good to read your posts...I miss chatting with you and hope we can chat sometime soon!! Its great to hear you have been busy and that God has been blessing you!! Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful.
    I love that you rely on God to refill you. That is really really neat to read. :]

    I am praying that you start having really smooth awesome sweet days ahead!

    ReplyDelete