Thursday, November 4, 2010

We're Pretty Much Friends

Every morning I am faced with a decision.  And almost every morning I make the same choice.  The question I have to answer is simply this, "Do I leave 10-15 minutes early and walk all the way to the bus stop, or do I leave 10-15 minutes later and catch a rickshaw?"

Lately I have been thoroughly enjoying my mornings and so you can understand when I tell you that I have been taking an auto (rickshaw) so I can have 10 more minutes with God either reading, or worshiping.  Valid right?...time spent with God.  I think, yes! =)

When I ride in an auto to the bus stop I still have to walk about 10 or so minutes to the auto stand (unless an empty one passes me on the way there which I pray for EVERY morning).  The autos are then lined up across the round-about and instead of walking over there myself, I have become quite fond of making eye contact with one of the drivers with a smile and a head nod. 

This morning, however, there was no need for eye contact, or even a smile and head nod (but I smiled anyways).  In fact, there was no need to even tell the driver my final destination, I only said a confident, "Thirty rupees?" and got in the auto.  I could not help but laugh inside about the fact that I am now a "regular" in the auto world...we're pretty much friends. =) 

And this, my friends, is what your typical auto rickshaw looks like...



Now onto me being thankful...
Day 4:  I am thankful for the places I have been.  God has blessed me so much already in the places He has allowed me to travel...most of them being specified for His glory (which I guess every place should be for His glory, right?).  Kenya, India, Holland (don't be fooled, it's Holland, Michigan), Canada, inner city Philadelphia, West Virginia...oh how I love going to new places.  Thank you Jesus and I can't wait to see where you will be taking me next. =)


Hakuna Matata

1 comment:

  1. Funny. Those rickshaws are called "tuk-tuks" here in Guatemala.

    They must be safe in India for you to ride in, huh?

    ReplyDelete