Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful 30 Four Times In A Row

Day 11:  I am thankful for coffee shops.  Today I left Smyerna (this is where the aftercare takes place) a little early and headed down town to a little coffee shop for some R&R.  It was much needed and I enjoyed it so.  I was happy when I walked in to see my favorite Barista worker, and caught off guard to see 4 other whiteys.  I think it's safe to say I'm a "regular" now.  Our conversation went like this,

"Hi Sir!" (big smiles)
"Hello Madam." (again, big smiles)
"How are you?"
"Yes, fine, fine.  How are you?"
"I'm great, thank you.  Okay, I would like one cafe latte, please."
"Are you sure you don't mean a cafe duette?"
*I pause and think for a second*
"Yes.  Yes, that is exactly what I mean."
*laughter and more smiles*

I sure am glad he knows me better than I do. =)  I sat in Barista for 2 hours writing in my journal and listening to the girl who sings "Barbie Girl," and then some good ol' fashion Christmas music.  I am pretty sure they replayed "Jingle Bells" a good 3 or 4 times in a row. 

Day 12:  I am thankful for fellowship.  Thursday we had a card and jewelry party at the guest house.  There were cards and jewelry in one room on display, and coffee, tea, and cakes in the other room.  Of course I started off in the room with food and coffee and oh my, everything was so delish.  After some time I figured I should head over to the sales room and while I spent time in there it was just over taken by good fellowship (with the volunteers that were here, some staff, the community, and the Freedom Firm girls).  When the party was over we had dinner with those who were at the party (minus the community) and a time of saying how thankful we were for the volunteers. 

Day 13:  I am thankful for Heaven.  I honestly could probably go on for quite a long time on my reasons that I am thankful for Heaven.  But right now I want to focus on one reason.  I have met so many people throughout my life and I most likely will continue to do so.  One thing that always makes the goodbyes even more sad is when we say, "Hmm, we might not ever see each other again."  I was thinking about this a lot when I came back from Kenya and then a friend reminded me that for at least those who are believers, I will see again someday in Heaven.  It totally changes things and I love that thought.  I was thinking about this yesterday (day 13) as the volunteers were leaving.  Some I may see again, or maybe I won't ever see any of them again, but one thing I can count on and look forward to is the day we will be reunited again in Heaven.

Day 14:  I am thankful for lazy days.  I have been going almost non-stop this past week and today I mark as my lazy day!  Only two more weeks and I will finally have a day off other than Sunday!!  Woo-hoo! =)  *Just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin'*  Seriously though, last night I was packing up my room (because I am moving today...more on that next post) and at the end even my toes were aching.  This is not a lie, they really were!  It was redic.  All this to say, today is my lazy day and I am soakin' it up! =)

Hakuna Matata

1 comment: