Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Day Worth Documenting

Twas indeed.  A little over a week ago I just had the bomb day.

It was my off day (starting off great already) and I had an unexpected skype convo. with my dear friend, Katie.


During that skype call, Martin (a man who works here at the guest house) came inside with a nice big package with my name on it...literally. =)  It was from my Momma and it only took one short week to arrive.  Wow, two thumbs way up for India's air mail (this time at least)!  Inside was complete with many goodies, including, but not limited to...skittles, a note from my sissy, a picture of a childhood friend, a stubby bottle of Sprite (America has stubby bottles, did you know?), and Cheetos.  Dang girl!



Later in the day I made a nice little trip to the market to pick up some veggies and let me tell you...the market's a steal!  I bought 8 bananas, 3 green peppers, 4 cucumbers, and 2 pineapples for a grand total of around $2.40.  I likey.  I also am going to feel totally ripped off when I go back to the states and buy one pineapple for $2.40!  Sheesh!  If only I could pack the market in my suitcase...


I probably am also going to feel so unimportant when I come back as well.  When walking through the market I constantly hear, "Yes Madam?" "Yes Madam?" "Yes Madam?"  And reply with, "Hi Sir."  "No thank you, Sir."  "So nice, Sir."  It's great.


Last but not least, let me introduce to you my sweet dinosaur that travels the world with me like a faithful dinosaur does.  It represents my friend, Katie (same friend I skyped with on this particular day).  I bought two dinosaur key chains before I left for Kenya last year...one representing Katie (the one on my backpack), and the other representing me (that one is on her backpack!).  When wearing my backpack and finding myself in a troublesome situation I like to remind myself, "Katie's got my back!" =)  Anyways, Jurassic Park must be a popular film here in India because everywhere I go I hear, "Jurassic Park."  At first I was unsure what people were talking about but it wasn't long until I caught on.  The kind man selling me pineapple made that comment when I was at the market last.  In fact, I have bought pineapple from him twice now and I do believe he said it both times.  Maybe I'll go back to him soon and flash my dazzling dinosaur, seeing if he says it again.  A little experiment.

What a packed day with so much fun stuff.  I wouldn't mind another "day worth documenting" sometime soon (did ya hear that God?=)




Hakuna Matata

p.s. I also made banana bread this day!


2 comments:

  1. I love reading about all of your adventures. You are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I can feel your happiness exploding from the screen :)

    What a great package too!

    ReplyDelete