Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Asanti Sana & Happy Birthday

"Asanti sana" means,
"Thank you very much," in Swahili.

I want to thank anyone who prayed for my sister.
Her surgery went well,
& everything is fine with her & the baby.
She is staying overnight
& her children will be so happy when she comes home tomorrow!


Moving on...
I would have said "Happy Birthday" in Swahili,
but when we asked the Kenyans how they said, "Happy Birthday,"
they looked at us, as in 'duh,' and said, "Happy Birthday!"
So maybe I really am saying it in Swahili?

Anyways, it is my dear ol' Dad's Birthday today!
This is the first Birthday of His that I have not bee there for and when I think about that it makes me quite sad. He has always been there for me. Through ALL my sports, being the coach for some of them, through school, some rough times, and some pretty good times too! I love him so much! When I was young I made him a Christmas ornament and on the back wrote, "Dad, you work so hard for me." That is SO true and still to this day. He is one to put others before himself, even if it is unpleasant for him. I could go on & on about how great he is and has been, but I might start to cry & we don't want that. =) I will just end with the famous back and forth argument each of us always try to win...
You're the best, Dad, and I love you MORE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!




Hakuna Matata

No comments:

Post a Comment