Saturday, February 20, 2010

This Is What I Want

I have been talking to my friends a lot lately about doing great things for our Lord. We talk about people such as Amy Carmichael, Hudson Taylor, Jim & Elisabeth Elliot, and so many more who have done such wonderful, selfless things for Christ and His Kingdom. But think about it, those are just the ones whose names have made it out there. I'm sure there are SO many more people who have done crazy, life surrendering acts for Jesus, but their names are unknown. That last little bit does not change what they did or how devoted they were to Christ at all. It really makes me think about how they truly were doing it for God and to glorify Him and not to magnify their own names. How not of this world?! I love it!
Now with that I am in no way saying those who are remembered by name were doing it for themselves, I also believe that those like the above names listed were out there to bring glory to our Father and for some reason their names became known and with that I am thankful. I am thankful because now I have some specific people I can look up to and say, "I want a life like that."
With all of this I came to a conclusion...

I don't want to live to be remembered,
But I want to live like those who are remembered.





Hakuna Matata

No comments:

Post a Comment