Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thanksgiving in February

This was my blog post while in Africa, on Thanksgiving day!


Indeed, Happy Thanksgiving from Africa! I hope everyone is doing well and I am excited to be back in 13 days! It's weird. I definitely can explain this as bitter sweet. I mean this isn't just a mission trip anymore..it's my life. I live here. I have friends here. It's definitely not what I thought was going to happen, this is not how I expected to feel...but I am thankful for EVERYTHING. It's been so much more wonderful and I am so thankful to our Father in Heaven. He is GOOD. He has been changing me and shaping me into the person He has planned. One of my dear friends said to me the other day, "You are who you are...but not who you will be." That stuck with me because it's so true. I am who I am, God made me Sarah. He made me who I am and He doesn't want me to sit here and wish I was someone else, or that I had a different life. He made me me, and He did it with knowledge and a plan. But at the very same time, this is just me now...this is not who He wants me to be tomorrow, or next week, or next year. His plan for me is for me to grow. To grow in Him, to grow in knowledge of Him, to grow in relationship with Him, to grow. He does not want me to be the same tomorrow as I am today because He wants so much for me and my life. He loves me and wants to see me being challenged and so much more. So very quickly..all in all I urge you to take that quote from my friend, and take it for your life. Because it's true, you are who you are, but not who you will be. Be who God is wanting you to be.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

List, in pictures, of a few things I was thankful for in Kenya

My team

My class

Somosias

The fact that it was spring time

New friendships

A bed for the last 6 weeks

Our time at the orphanage

Thanksgiving dinner

God's stunning sunrises

(those are just a few to name)



Hakuna Matata

No comments:

Post a Comment