Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who Is "He," Anyways?

"Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils.
Of what account is he?"
Isaiah 2:22

Personally, this verse just blows me away.
I first took note of it during my first week in Kenya. While I knew it was a true, sweet verse, I had no idea what God was wanting to tell me specifically through it, although I knew there was something.

So for about a week or more, I would say this verse over and over again just trying to find out what God was wanting to tell me. I knew that it was saying we needed to put our trust in Christ and not other people, but at that time in my life that was not something troubling me. I wasn't really looking to others for answers that could only be found from searching God. So what was it?

Well, it finally hit me. It clearly was not my own mind understanding, but it was God speaking to me. He told me that it was not 'men' on this earth who I would look to for answers and to put my trust in, but rather, it was myself. I found out that it was I, I was the 'man' I was putting my trust and hope in for my future. I was barely turning to God for guidance, I was trying to find my own way, I was trying to make my own plans. I knew before that it was silly, but it was then when I really took on the challenge to not trust in myself, but to lean on God and find my way from Him.

Without a doubt, this is still a struggle I am dealing with, although it is getting easier. I am aware & have a huge desire and longing to give my life over to my Creator fully. I guess you could say I am in the process of giving Him the 'pen' to my story. But I know wholeheartedly that this is no mistake, this is how it was intended, and it is turning into a beautiful love story with me and my Bride-Groom. I love it and only hope to continue to give a little (or a lot) more to Him each day. Because after all, what did He die for? Oh yes,
my life.





Hakuna Matata

1 comment:

  1. well said... i see a book to be written in your future you cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete